Mexican Street Corn Bake
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 40 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Lehigh Valley Half & Half or Whole Milk
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 5 ounces queso fresco (Mexican cheese), crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into 10 wedges
- Heat oven to 350° Grease 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- In large skillet melt butter; add corn. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and slightly charred (8 to 10 minutes). Corn will begin to make popping sound. Add garlic; continue cooking 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in mayonnaise, milk, jalapeno, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir in approximately half of queso fresco.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and bubbling around edge.
- Sprinkle with remaining queso fresco and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze and drizzle juice over corn. Serve immediately.