Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 30 min
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups Lehigh Valley whole milk or half & half
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in 4-quart saucepan. Cover with water; add 2 teaspoons salt. Cook over high heat until water comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook potatoes 20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan combine milk and garlic cloves. Cook over high heat until milk just comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- In 10-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat; add leeks. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- In large bowl combine potatoes, garlic-milk mixture, leeks, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher or beat with hand mixer until well blended and smooth.