Rice Pudding with Strawberry Jam
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 35 min
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white or basmati rice
- 2 cups Lehigh Valley whole milk
- ¼ cup real maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg, if desired
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Raisins, if desired
- Strawberry jam
- In 3-quart saucepan combine cooked rice and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue cooking, stirring often, until liquid is almost completely absorbed (about 30 minutes). Stir in vanilla; stir in raisins, if desired.
- Serve warm or chilled in individual serving glasses or dishes layered with strawberry jam.