Homestyle Hot Chocolate with Wintry Whipped Cream
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 0 min
- 1 cup Lehigh Valley whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar or powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup Lehigh Valley whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large mixer bowl beat whipping cream at medium high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons milk. Cook over medium low heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Whisk in remaining milk; continue heating, whisking occasionally, until hot. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into mug; top with marshmallows and whipped cream.
Tip: Store extra whipped cream refrigerated in covered container.