French Toast Casserole
Prep Time 3 hrs 25 min
Cook Time 45 min
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 ¼ cup Lehigh Valley milk
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place French bread pieces in gallon-sized, zip-top food safe bag.
- In large mixer bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Spoon into bag with bread pieces, evenly distributing.
- In same mixer bowl beat together all remaining French toast ingredients. Pour over bread mixture in bag. Seal bag tightly; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In small mixer bowl combine all streusel ingredients. Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Place in another zip-top food safe bag; seal tightly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13×9-inch baking pan. Carefully pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Evenly top with streusel mixture. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until set in center and top is lightly browned.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.